Looking for challenging work with a motivated, friendly group of people? Sure, we have great software, but it’s our dedicated team of professionals that ultimately makes the difference.
What we offer:
- Make an impact – One great aspect to working at a small company is that you’re not just a cog in a machine. You’re more like a string on a violin – you’ll play a key role in making the company perform beautifully.
- Work with great people – You’ll be a key part of a small team of professionals who like to work with each other, and think work can and should be fun.
- Stay off the treadmill – Bored of doing the same thing over and over? When you work for a small company, there’s always a new challenge. You get to wear many hats, refining old skills and learning new ones.
- Skip the TPS reports – As a small, privately-held company, we can decide what processes actually add value, and ignore the rest.
- Work from home – Not just one day a week – every day. Ditch the commute and find out how much less stressed you are when you don’t have to fight traffic at the start and end of your day.
TruCode is looking for a full-time Product Specialist to join our friendly, skilled team. TruCode creates desktop, web, and SaaS applications for the healthcare industry.
TruCode is a fully-remote company. We have been successfully providing innovative products to our customers for over 10 years. We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, no commute, and a great group of co-workers.
This position is 100% telecommute, however the candidate must reside in one of the following states: California, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, North Carolina, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin.
As Product Specialist, you will research, create and maintain content based on official coding references and ICD-10-CM/ICD-10-PCS and HCPCS codes and evaluate for the impact on all aspects of the product, including:
- References – Review articles and assign appropriate indexing terms and codes
- ICD-10-CM/PCS, HCPCS Code books – Review regulatory updates assuring all changes have been captured
- Custom features – Create and maintain TruCode created custom content using official coding guidelines and other official sources
- Edits – Create and maintain code and modifier edits based on official coding guidelines and other official sources
In addition, you will:
- Perform unit testing (QA) of the Content in the TruCode application, services, and TruCode Encoder Essentials
- Create test cases for assigned product area and new product features.
- Provide escalated product support to customers using the TruCode application as scheduled.
What about you?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for this position:
- Minimum RHIT /CCS
- Experience with HIM software – encoder, abstractor
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in inpatient and outpatient coding, classification systems, reimbursement methodologies
- AHIMA ICD-10 Training certificate is a plus
- Knowledge-base of HIM resources and reference tools (i.e. regulatory changes)
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively and productively with internal staff and external customers
- Self-discipline to work productively from home
- Positive work attitude – Life’s too short to work with people who don’t want to be there.
- Your own work office – We’re a “virtual” company, so everyone is a 100% telecommuter.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations if interested in our position to: Marta Gillen, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org