Looking for challenging work with a motivated, friendly group of people? Sure, we have great software, but it's our dedicated team of professionals that ultimately makes the difference.
What we offer:
- Make an impact – One great aspect to working at a small company is that you're not just a cog in a machine. You're more like a string on a violin – you'll play a key role in making the company perform beautifully.
- Work with great people – You'll be a key part of a small team of professionals who like to work with each other, and think work can and should be fun.
- Stay off the treadmill – Bored of doing the same thing over and over? When you work for a small company, there's always a new challenge. You get to wear many hats, refining old skills and learning new ones.
- Skip the TPS reports – As a small, privately-held company, we can decide what processes actually add value, and ignore the rest.
- Work from home – Not just one day a week – every day. Ditch the commute and find out how much less stressed you are when you don't have to fight traffic at the start and end of your day.
As HR Consultant, coordinate the development and implementation of Human Resources functions including recruitment, onboarding and off-boarding, employee relations including performance counseling, policy development, benefits administration, employee communication and recognition. Find opportunities to virtually bring a fully remote team together.
This is a part-time, contract position and is expected to be 10-15 hours per week. Reports to Managing Partner. Successful candidate must have five years of human resources experience with emphasis in benefits administration, recruiting, HR regulations, and personnel policy development. Good project management skills and initiative to work independently. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to be sounding board to management and employees.
- Coordinate recruiting process: job posting, resume review, screening interviews, coordinate interviews with hiring team, professional reference checks, develop and extend offers of employment.
- Conduct new employee onboarding: add to HR portal, review background check; review I-9, arrange employee welcome emails and schedule HR orientation.
- Maintain employee records on online HR portal and shared drives.
- Assist with employee termination process including HR portal termination, coordinating final paycheck with finance department, conducting exit interview.
- Counsel managers on employee performance issues including corrective action plans and terminations while maintaining legal compliance.
- Create and carry out employee recognition, communication and remote-employee connection opportunities.
- Advise managers on the administration of employment policies. Research employment law changes and industry practices and give input on company personnel policy and procedures, ensuring legal compliance. Review and update employee handbook.
- Conduct periodic salary surveys for annual salary review process.
- Provide day-to-day benefits administration in conjunction with benefits advisor partner. Ensure benefit questions or problems are resolved by involving appropriate provider. Annual review of insurance plan options; benefit plan renewal and open enrollment process.
- To build a sense of camaraderie and team spirit in a fully remote company with employees in 13 states, look for ways to bring team together virtually.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations if interested in our position to: Marta Gillen, HR Manager – email@example.com